Husband has been experiencing testicular pain on the right, on and off, not excruciating but it has been getting his attention. Sometimes it radiates into the abdomen on the right, diagonally up from his testicle. He often feels the need to “support” his testicle and it feels better. He has not felt a bulge or lump come out of his groin, i.e. hernia, but has sometimes felt what he describes as “piece of twine” in his groin area. Family doctor said it’s a hernia, but we are getting a second opinion because no bulges have been noticed. Any answers?

Add Comment
  • 1 Answer(s)

    Dear, There is probability of inflamed spermatic cord down to testis also. Some time the hernias sac does not descend fully to scrotum, but if piece of twine increase in size on coughing then most probably it might be hernia. You can take second opinion to clear your doubt. Use scrotal support. Take care.

    Answered on May 11, 2014.
    Add Comment
  • If you are happy with our services, please consider making a donation. Click the button below to donate.

    Your Answer

    By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

    The site is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. No health questions and information on AskDoctorForFree is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor. Posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author, and not the administrators, moderators, or editorial staff and hence AskDoctorForFree and its principals will accept no liabilities or responsibilities for the statements made.